Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May 2, 2007






WOOHOO!!! Today was the most beautiful day of my life so far!!!! I just want to scream on top of my lungs and show everyone how happy I am. I came into the NICU and had to wait for Karen to do a blood gass on Michael. If the blood guess was good, Dr. Z. was going to let me hold him (he was very reluctant, it was Dr. Adams who had approved it :) ) They usually don't allow babies to be held when they still have a breathing tube in. I want to thank the NICU staff for making an exception, especially both doctors, Terri and Karen!!!!

After I had been there for about 40 minutes, Karen rolled in the 'big chair'. WOW!!! I had a physical reaction of joy!! I just cannot describe how happy I was to see that chair. It meant that I got to hold him today!!! Oh my goodness, it was so worth the 10 week wait!!!! Michael was so incredibly georgeous. I got to hold his little hand and I KISSED HIS HEAD!!! It was the first time I kissed my son!!! He was so good, he was quiet. He opened his eyes a little bit and then slept most of the time. I held him for an hour!!!! My little 3 pounder!!! YES, I forgot to mention that :) He was weighed yesterday and he is 3 pounds!!!! They also tested him and didn't find any infection. Most likely they will do the spinal tap on Friday to check for meningitis. We will see. Right now, I am just on top of the world!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nath,

You're soooo right, WOW!! This is fantastic!! Micheal is looking good and happy, so are you!! You're beaming!! After all these weeks, this was (even for me.!!?) a GREAT moment to see!! Micheal is doing great, hopefully you and Robert too??

Love,


Mariska

Juli Gabehart said...

Congratulations! Here's to many more "happiest day of my life" events to come! Wasn't it just the BEST?!

Love!
Juli

Shannon said...

So exciting!!! I am happy for you! What a long time that you have waited for this moment!!

How come they want to do a spinal tap??