
I am so proud of my little boy. He is doing pretty good. He is still breathing, mostly on his own. He is now and what they call 'room air'. Unfortunately he lost weight this week. He is now 3 pounds 3 ounces. No surprise. He wasn't fed from Friday through Wednesday and he was given diuretics. Yesterday he was being fed again (through a tube in the mouth) at about 6 ml per hour. Today that was increased to 7 ml per hour. So far so good. He is really sucking on a pacifier. It looks so cute!!! I got to hold him again yesterday, which was awesome!! He was sleeping most of the time. He sleeps a lot lately. He is probably catching up on all those weeks that he was forced to breathe by a machine. This must be such a relief for him. The picture of Michael was taken today.
The picture of Rae and Jules was taken on Sunday during the Mother's day luncheon onboard the Freedom of the Seas (the biggest cruise ship in the world). It was really nice. The lunch was great and afterwards we saw an awesome show. Actually one of the best shows I have seen so far (and better than the show Robert and I saw in Las Vegas!). And I received my first mother's day presents: beautiful earrings and a ring from Robert/Michael and a nice bracelet with a heart from Rae and Jules. The heart is engraved with 'Michael Jeffrey'. So sweet!!! After the luncheon we went to the hospital. There was a very nice gift as well. A beautiful card with a picture of Michael on the front and a hand knit blanket and hat. Very cute :)
Rae and Jules got to see Michael without the breathing tube and were very excited as well. We couldn't stay long as Robert and I both had a cold. So, all in all a very nice mother's day :)



No comments:
Post a Comment