


Look at these pictures, he is so cute!!! The last few days were rough. On top of the fact that he has meningitis, he had to be re-intubated on Sunday and he had a collapsed lung. We were afraid that this would put a hold on weaning him down from the respirator. Luckily, he seems to be doing a little better. Actually a lot better. They went down on the respirator settings. He gained a LOT of weight. He is 3 pounds, 8 ounces!!! WOW!! We are so excited!!! And this was after receiving a lot of diuretics this week to get rid of the fluid in his lungs. I can see such a big difference with last week. Tomorrow Dr. Z is going to try to wean him down by giving him steroids again. Also, Noah, the baby (one of the twins) next to Michael will receive the same treatment to try and wean him off the respirator. I think this is going to be a great week for both baby boys!!
Look how chubby Michael is getting. You can even see that his face is chubby even though it is taped down. And everybody, meet Karen. She has been taking care of Michael in such a wonderful way!! Thank you so much Karen!! And all the other NICU Nurses!!
Happy Nurses week!!!
Today I got to hold him again (for the second time). It was awesome!! He was sleeping and so comfortable. After a while I tried to wake him up (because I wanted to be able to hold him) and he just looked at me and went back to sleep. Karen took him out of the incubator and when I held him, again he looked at me to check what was going on and fell back asleep. He was so cute!! I just love him so much :)



2 comments:
He IS getting big! WOW, what a cutie! Brings back so many memories.
I hope that things start to really look up for Michael, he truly deserves it! A tough little man for sure, mommy and daddy must be so proud!!!
Thanks Shannon!!
We really hope this is going to be a good week for Michael :)
Post a Comment