Thursday, May 24, 2007

May 24, 2007


















Our little chubby boy. He is so adorable, especially when he looks at you. You just melt...
And the way he puts his feet on top of each other, so funny. He was holding on to his pacifier today, and sucking away on it. I love the little dog that keeps the pacifier in place.
Tomorrow they are going to try and nipple feed him (with a little bottle)

I like being back in the 'old' NICU again. The lighting is much better and the nurses are more involved with the other babies, when another nurse steps out.
Noah, Sally's boy had his PDA surgery yesterday. It went well. He had to be transported to Miami Children's Hospital and back. They thought it had closed, but unfortunately it had reopened again. They put a little clip in it to close it and he will have that the rest of his life. I am glad everything went well and that he is back in Mount Sinai, next to his little sister Nina. Nina seems to be doing really good. She is in a crib now, instead of an isolette. Way to go Nina!!! You are Michael's and Noah's role model :)
I got a very nice e-mail from Lisa today. She is Cyrah's mommie. Cyrah was also born at 24 weeks, 1 pound 8 ounces. A few weeks after Michael was born. She seems to be doing pretty good. She got off the ventilator much faster than Michael did, but I heard she had the flu last week. I hope she is doing better!!! I try to explain to people what it is like to have a baby in the NICU, but honestly it is so hard for people to understand the impact it has on your life (no offense meant here!), that it is nice to talk to other NICU-mommies every now and then :)
I will let you know how the nipple feeding will go tomorrow...

2 comments:

23wktwinsmommy said...

Hello..I have been keeping up with Michael's progress. I keep a blog about my 23 and 5 day twins. My son had a rough time getting off the ventilator and I know what you mean about people who've been through it are really the only ones who can fully understand what you are going through. Feel free to email me any time! My two have been home since January 29th!

23wktwinsmommy said...

Hi again,
I just thought of 2 other things you may want to add that I didn't mention in the email. We love our pacifier thermometer. the kids hate it under their arm pit, and they Love a binki, so that works great. We also have a bottle warmer that plugs into the car lighter, for warmer bottles on the go! Hope that helps!
The pictures are ADORABLE!!