Sunday, May 27, 2007

May 27, 2007








The first time they tried the nipple feeding (on Friday) they tried to give him 10 cc. It didn't work. He didn't like it and didn't really know what to do with it. Dr. Z said it makes sense because he has never felt this texture and never tasted it like this. In fact I don't think he ever had any (foreign) fluid in his mouth. Yesterday they tried again, but no luck.
Yesterday, I decided to walk to the hospital to try and get back in shape. Wrong decision!! I am so out of shape that I am really sore today. It is 2.8 miles (4.5 KM) and it took me about 1 hour, but boy, do I feel it everywhere. I should keep it up though ....

Today I came back in the NICU and Karen was all excited. He took the bottle!! I was excited too. I asked her if he took the full 10 cc. NO! she said. He took the full 37cc!!!! I couldn't believe it!! I should have, since he is a Pincus (ha ha). I am so proud of him!!! He really likes to be fed every three hours.
He gets cranky just before he is being fed (as you can see in the first picture. The nurse tried to sit him up to calm him down). The second picture was taken today. He was face down with his nose in the blanket. He better not do this at home..
In the other pictures he is just being his cute little self. In picture 3 and 4 he has no feeding tube in his mouth, since he had pulled it out again. He is getting so chubby, you can see the little dimple in his arm from the baby fat :) I wonder how much he'll weigh at his weigh-in tomorrow...
Oh, Saturday night, Leslie had left a note for us. She said that she found out that I had left a voice recorder in the isolette and when she started playing it, Michael was smiling!! She couldn't believe it and even showed the other nurses. She tried to take a picture, but couldn't find a camera so she suggested for me to leave a disposable camera under his isolette. I thought that was a very good idea.
I just spoke to Lisa in the NICU and her baby Cyrah is not really improving. I hope Lisa and Juan will hang in there. That is such a difficult feeling to deal with.
I hope you can all pray for babies Cyrah and Noah. They really need it!! Thanks!!

No comments: