Hi All,
I took this picture today. He was wearing a hat to maintain his body temperature. It looked really cute :) He was turned to his left, so I couldn't really see his face.
I took this picture today. He was wearing a hat to maintain his body temperature. It looked really cute :) He was turned to his left, so I couldn't really see his face.
It took a few more days than it should have. I returned to work this week and it was extremely hectic. My manager, Dahlia, was going to leave on a well deserved two week vacation, but was told on Thursday night that she has to go to Manilla on Monday instead. So between, work, pumping and visiting Michael, I am exhausted. Today (Saturday) will be a relax-day.
The doctor finally got the ND tube in the correct place (it did not happen in one try). Michael was being fed everyday since Monday –just into his stomach. Luckily, there were no complications this week from his feeding. He’s up to 6.5 cc/hour now, and with the ND tube properly placed, the food goes directly into his intestine.
The doctor said that Michael has no major complications, just the BPD of the lungs, which is to be expected. Still, it’s hard to see him everyday on the ventilator. They will try to remove the ventilator next week if conditions permit by giving him a dose of steroids to boost his lungs temporarily. We are looking forward to the attempt and hope that his time on the respirator will soon be at an end. He has had positive reports with another scan confirming no brain bleeds and another culture confirming no infection.
So, for right now, we are in status quo until the doctor is ready to attempt to remove the respirator…. We are eager to move forward, but also don’t want to rush little Michael.
We are thinking about our friends Kelli and Chad, who will have a little baby boy today!! We will keep you updated... UPDATE: They had a healthy baby boy: 9 pounds, 6 ounces!! WOW!!! Cameron Thomas. We are so happy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Robert and Nathali
The doctor finally got the ND tube in the correct place (it did not happen in one try). Michael was being fed everyday since Monday –just into his stomach. Luckily, there were no complications this week from his feeding. He’s up to 6.5 cc/hour now, and with the ND tube properly placed, the food goes directly into his intestine.
The doctor said that Michael has no major complications, just the BPD of the lungs, which is to be expected. Still, it’s hard to see him everyday on the ventilator. They will try to remove the ventilator next week if conditions permit by giving him a dose of steroids to boost his lungs temporarily. We are looking forward to the attempt and hope that his time on the respirator will soon be at an end. He has had positive reports with another scan confirming no brain bleeds and another culture confirming no infection.
So, for right now, we are in status quo until the doctor is ready to attempt to remove the respirator…. We are eager to move forward, but also don’t want to rush little Michael.
We are thinking about our friends Kelli and Chad, who will have a little baby boy today!! We will keep you updated... UPDATE: They had a healthy baby boy: 9 pounds, 6 ounces!! WOW!!! Cameron Thomas. We are so happy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Robert and Nathali



6 comments:
I am so happy to read that things are okay!!! I was so worried about little Michael!
Sounds like you have a VERY positive doctor. This is a good thing because you want docs to be positive but also bad because he shouldn't be saying that there are no complications. Things can pop up that weren't noticeable before and so on. I know that it is great to be positive, but it sounds to me like he tells you things that he just shouldn't. If something were to happen you would feel even more let down than you would had you heard the good/bad.
The ND doesn't go to the intestines. It goes to the duodenum which is above the jejunum and intestines. If things still don't seem to help with the ND I would ask about doing a NJ.
Good luck!
Thanks Shannon,
We actually have 2 doctors and they are both great. They don't promise anything and they haven't promised us anything. They just tell us what they are anticipating of doing and Robert and I hope for the best. That is what we post on our blog.
Hope Ashton is doing okay. I haven't looked on any blog lately..
Nathali
Hi Robert and Nathali,
Great to hear that the feeding is going well. It also is good to hear that you are feeling well again. It must be hard having to think of your baby in the hospital while you are resuming with work. I remember when my sister went through that - very strange it should be that way.
I think it is great that you have such fabulous docs. It sounds as if they are truly committed to helping Michael in the best way they know possible.
Nat - good luck being back to work.
Love, Mary
Yeah! That's great news that Michael's had a good week! Congratulations to Kelli and Chad, too!
He's looking great.. so tiny and cute. brings back alot of memories! I have a former 24 weeker who will be 3 this June!
sammie
www.n8andnoah.com
Thanks Juli! Kelli and Chad's son (Cameron) is beautiful!!
Hi Sammie,
I am so sorry to hear about Noah! Nathan is adorable!! I loved the story on your website on how preemie moms are chosen!! (http://n8andnoah.com/PREEMIE%20MOMS/PreemieMoms.html)
Thanks for sharing that with all other preemie moms!
Post a Comment