Thursday, March 8, 2007

March 1, 2007

Our friend Claudia from Orlando was here to help me (drive me to the hospital, cook, etc.) as of February 23. She has been a great help. Yesterday my father came in from Holland to help out as well (Claudia is flying back to Orlando tonight). I haven't felt good for a few days (have had a fever for a few days now. I went to dr. Bitran yesterday and he thinks the c-section incision is inflamed. I haven't been able to walk around or get up out of bed or the sofa since Feb. 18. It doesn't make sense. I have to come back to dr. Bitran tomorrow on March 2.

That morning I had spoken to dr. Zabaleta. He said Michael was doing better than yesterday. He is on the old breathing tube again. He didn't like the high frequency one. His blood is good and the blood pressure medication is helping. They took the umbilical cord out and put a cord into his left leg. Tomorrow they will do another scan. Zabaleta reminded us that this will be a roller coaster. But once again, Michael is doing better than yesterday. I told Zabaleta that I couldn't come in because I am sick and if he could tell Michael to stay strong and hang in there. He said he would do that...

Robert got a promotion at work last week. I am so proud of him!! I don't know how he juggles everything: his new job, going to the NICU all the time, dealing with my depression, etc. But he has been doing great. Tonight he was coming home at around 6.00 PM. Just before he came home I went to the restroom and found out that my c-section had burst open. I called Robert and told him we should go to the ER. Robert called the doctor again and dr. Rivera was on call. He would come and meet us in the ER.

We had been in the ER for about an hour. I couldn't even sit on a regular chair as I was 'dripping'. All of a sudden I started getting dizzy and told Robert that I thought I was going to pass out. Within a minute there were a few nurses that took my temperature and blood pressure. And my blood pressure was extremely low. I was rushed into the ER area (skipped the triage) and was put on an Antibiotics IV again (took them 3 times to get it in). They took some swabs and waited for the doctor. They gave me two doses of morphine and one other pain killer but when the doctor started to drain the wound and cut it open a little further I thought I was going to die!

Again I was admitted to hospital and stayed for 3 days. Again they dried up my IV and couldn't get a new one in (took them 9 times!!)
This was my third hospital admittance in three and a half weeks. I couldn't believe it.

No comments: