Thursday, March 22, 2007

March 22, 2007


Wow, I didn't know I could upload this picture. It is a picture I took yesterday with my cell phone (not the best quality). He had just opened his eyes and was still a little sleepy, but he looks adorable :)

They tried to wean him off the ventilator today, but then his blood gasses where not so good. So they had to stop that. Other than that he is still doing the same.

Last Sunday, Robert put the nursery together with the furniture we had already purchased. I still have to decorate it, but it looks awesome!! I put my rented pump in there and put some pictures of Michael up and that is where I pump now (it is not as painful anymore). That way I also don't disturb Robert when I pump in the middle of the night. Today I found out in the NICU that I am not producing enough breast milk, so I got a prescription from my OB for Domperidone. Usually Reglan is prescriped, but a main side effect Reglan is depression. That is something I really do not need to add to my emotions :)

I was talking to Juli about that. She has a 15 year old daughter that was born at 27 weeks. She had a hard time looking at other pregnant women after her baby girl was born. I can totally relate to that right now. It sounds really awefull but I can't even be around babies right now. I try to ingnore them. That bothers me, because I used to love babies! Every day when I walk into the hospital there is a happy mom leaving to go home with their baby and that is just very hard for me to look at. I hope that feeling will fade soon. I don't like being like that...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

First off I have to say how adorable your little miracle is! I love the hair on him! Ashton had a ton of dark hair when he was that small and now he has barely any and if he does it is soooo blond!

Nathali, that feeling of being around other babies is TOTALLY normal. I remember too seeing all these new parents leaving with their new babies. I even remember feeling angry when babies would leave the NICU that were younger than Ashton. It was really hard NOT to see because we were there for 227 days.

I can tell you that once little Michael is home that feeling will get better as time goes. It did for me. Now my problem is seeing kids Ashton's age crawling, walking...doing what a kid should do and Ashton doesn't do any of that. But he is amazing and I love him to death!

The vent...Ashton didn't come off of the vent until day 46 so hang in there, it will happen!

Thinking of you guys often...

Nathali said...

Thank you so much Shannon!! I really hope that feeling will get better eventually :)

I want Michael to have dark hair, but it seems he is getting blonder. Even the nurse thinks so. I am strawberry blond and I would have liked a girl with strawberry blond hair or a boy with dark hair like my husband. I guess you can't have it all :)

Ashton is still so young, he will start doing things other kids do, only a little later. I saw that with my brother and when he does, it is such a great achievement!! These kids are very, very special!!! Hang in there!

Nathali