Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 13, 2007

Michael had his weekly brain scan yesterday to check for bleeds and it seemed to look fine. That is such a load off my shoulders (as this is the only thing they can't treat)!!!!

He is off the blood pressure medication. His breathing is not good yet. They tried a different respirator and he is back on antibiotics. He is so precious!! I think his hair is getting blonder. I hope not, I like the dark hair :)

I received a phone call from Robert's cousin's girlfriend: Lauren Stern. She is learning to become a distant healer and they added Michael to the blog for healers to access and send positive energy to Michael. They also put me on the blog and I have to admit that I feel much better this morning!!! I thought it was beautiful what they wrote about Michael: www.thelightofhealing.blogspot.com
Thank you so much!!!!!

Yesterday, Lyssett, one of my RCCL colleagues and dear friend came over to see me. She brought a beautiful gift basket and greeting cards from different people at RCCL. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I enjoyed every item in the basket. And Dahlia, we LOVED the macaroni and cheese :)
I feel very lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people. You have no idea how much that helps me get through this time. And I might not reply to all e-mails, but they also help!

Today I went to see my friend Simone. She has an adorable little baby boy: Zachary. He was born 2 days before Michael and it is a big difference in size :)

I just went to see Michael. His breathing is still not good. But he did gain weight! He went from 560 grams to 620 grams within a few days. That is 2 ounces!!!! We are so excited!! He is getting 8 cc now every 2 hours. I was singing to him and he tried to open his eyes again to see who it was. It was so cute!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Nathali and Robert,

I am new to your blog and want to say that I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers. He is adorable!

My son was born as well at 24weeks on June 10th 2005. However I was only in labor for about four hours before he was born...so no time for the steroids or anything.

He spent 227days in the NICU and then a further 27days (after being home for only four) in the PICU.

I know this time is rough and it sure is a roller coaster! If you need ANYTHING...have any questions feel free. Ashton has been through everything that you can imagine and I think I could be a doctor now! LOL

Good luck and I will continue to come and visit to see how little Michael is doing...

Nathali said...

Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for your message! How much did Ashton weigh? My due date was June 10 for this year :)
How is he doing now?
I am picturing how I am walking with Michael in his stroller and can't wait :)

Shannon said...

Nathali,

Ashton weighed 1lb9oz when he was born. He is now almost 21pounds!

He has a lot of issues, but I love him just the same.

He has cerebral palsy (brain damage caused by a drug that he was on in the NICU), he is deaf (also caused by some drugs) and is a -7 in both eyes. He also feeds through a gj tube 20hours a day.

I have a blog for him. He is absolutely the happiest baby!

www.ashtonjeffreykaden.blogspot.com

I saw that you were due on June 10th...interesting.

Anyways, feel free to drop by and leave me some comments on his blog. If you want you can email any questions/concerns...

destinyisforlife@hotmail.com

Take care!