Wednesday, April 4, 2007

April 4, 2007


I love this picture!! It was taken by Terri, one of the nurses. Michael was wearing his first (preemie) outfit. It was still too big :). Robert's colleague Alain and his wife Sherry gave us the outfit. They have 2 (micro) preemie children, whom are both doing great! Thanks so much for the outfit. It is adorable!!!


Michael is hanging in there. Actually doing pretty good. His oxygen level is lower than it has been in a while. His blood gasses came back good. So hopefully they will start weaning him off the ventilator next week :)


I was in the NICU when the cardiologist did the heart exam yesterday and I got to witness it. The PDA is closed! That is great! He also gained weight. He went from 740 last week to 890 grams this week. I can actually tell that he is getting bigger, even though I see him every day.


We also had a meeting with the NICU staff this week. It was very informative and we are all on the same page. I feel very comfortable with the staff and whenever we have an issue, we feel comfortable talking to them about it, and hopefully vice versa.


In some weird way, life is starting to pick up where it left off. Robert and I are both working. Michael is in good hands and we will deal with what ever comes our way...

4 comments:

samylaine said...

That's great news (obviously) that his PDA closed! Nathan was in the NICU 77 days and on the vent for 52 of them! lol....
Thanks for stopping by our site!

Sammie

Juli Gabehart said...

Nathali and Robert: I'm so pleased with your son's progress! Thank goodness Micheal dodged the bullet on the PDA surgery! One more scar avoided! The weight gain is such a good sign...he's not having to fight off any infections so now he can just "pack on the pounds"! Weaning off the oxygen can sometimes take a little while (especially because you're anxious to see that put behind you) but, when it happens, it will be wonderful to take "full face" pictures, won't it!? The first time I saw Morgan's whole face was spectacular! I felt like I was finally getting to know who she was because I could put a face (without tubes) to her name and remember her features when I thought about her. I am praying for, and have full expectations of, these days to soon turn to "feed and grow" days! Love, Juli

Unknown said...

Hey Nat and Robert,
Michael looks so incredibly cute!! I love the new outfit. I am so glad to hear that you feel as if life may be getting a little back to normal. I guess that is how we humans are - we adjust to things that come our way as are you three. Michael's seems to be adjusting well too. Mary

Emily said...

What an adorable picture! Wearing clothes is such an exciting milestone.