Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Michael Jeffrey Pincus was born on February 18, 2007. He was born at 24 weeks at 1 pound, 4 ounces, 11 inches. He spent 149 days in the NICU. He was intubated for 3 months, therefore he has severe BPD (Broncho Pulmonary Dysplasia) and he suffered severe hearing loss in both ears. On September 21, 2007 he received his first set of hearing aids. Other than that he is doing really really well for a 24-weeker!! Michael has been a fighter from the day he was born and this is his journal...
2 comments:
Hey you guys!! Congratulations! Good luck with everything. I'm sure that Michael will get used to your noises before you know it. How does Shiva like the baby?
Mary
To precious. I am glad to hear he is home. The nurses are great the best, but there is nothing like mommy and daddy. He start to settle right in. It took James a couple of days. We also kept a note book diary of every feed, medicines, peepee's and poops, I know a little extreme but it helped alot we also bought a scale and monitered is weight, how over the top is that. But now we look back at and laugh at all the things that went on I am going to keep it for him. We wish you all well. What a smart idea on hiring a private nurse. Tracy
Post a Comment