Sunday, July 1, 2007

July 1, 2007












I can't believe it is July already. Michael is 19 weeks old today..

Michael is getting so big. The green outfit in the picture with Karen, is a preemie outfit and it is getting really snug.

Robert and I went to Orlando this weekend with our dog Shiva, to celebrate the 91st birthday of the mom (Lydia) and aunt (Rosie) of our friend Claudia. The twins are so cute!!! It was nice to go away. Even though it was short and I really missed Michael!!!

We stayed overnight with my in laws (Rae and Jules) on Friday night. They live next to a lake. Shiva loves to jump in the water and swim (I am afraid an alligator will catch her - I have seen them in the lakes there). When I took a shower in the morning, the water wouldn't drain. Robert went into the bathroom later to take a shower and called me. He asked me if I had taken a shower already and started laughing really hard when I confirmed. He showed me why the water wasn't draining. There was a dead frog stuck in the drain. He had tried to climb out and got stuck!!! I love the froggy theme for Michael's room, but I DO NOT like the fact that I took a shower with a dead frog and the water was up to my ankles, ugghhh!!!! I felt weird all day :)
Shiva did so good in the car, she loved it. It doesn't matter to her where she goes, as long as we take her with us. At Claudia's she was very curious and explored everything. The most interesting thing to her was the pool. Whenever you would go to the middle of the pool, she would get nervous and once you got to the edge, she would bite Claudia's hand as if she wanted to save her. She did get into the water a little bit, but it was not like the lake she got used to...
It was nice to see the twins and Ron and Ryan and Kristel also joined us for lunch. At night, Robert, Claudia and I went to a Mexican place and we had Margarita's. It has been a long time since I had alcohol (I didn't keep the breast milk :) )
On the way home we stopped in the Vero Beach outlet malls (where we went 20 weeks ago when I was having contractions). This time it was more comfortable :)
When we got home I went straight to the NICU. I was there just in time to feed him and he did really good. I missed him - that one day I didn't get to see him - and I think he missed me too :) ...

No comments: