Monday, July 16, 2007

July 16th - Last night in NICU

So, tonight should be Michael's last night in the NICU! He is coming home tomorrow! Amazingly enough, it is our 3 year wedding anniversary!

We have the house ready (if you can ever be ready) and we both excited and scared! Michael will have lots of new things to get used to when he comes home and I am sure that his big eyes will be absorbing everything.

He did get his 4th ABR hearing test today and he didn't pass. So, the reality of that is certainly setting in. However, we aren't overly upset about this news and its certainly not a surprise. An old friend of mine, who is now an ENT, has already referred us to a couple of known physicians based in UM - so Michael will certainly get the best care possible.

On Sunday, the nurses proudly proclaimed Michael the king of the NICU; however, we are glad to say that his reign is short as he's being dethroned tomorrow to come home. Of course, tomorrow, he will become the king of our home as he is already the king of our hearts.

4 comments:

baby james said...

Congratulations to you and your family. I remember the emotions of that day, and the terror. But things went fine. James came home on an Apnea monitor which we had for 3 months I remember not wanting to give it up. But those false alarms in the middle of the night because a lead came off were not missed. I also remember James I think in the first 2 days of being home slept a total of 6 hours he just stayed awake as did we. i wanted to mention James did not pass his ABR hearing test so they did a Bare(? spelling) and passed. Happy Anniversary and what a precious gift. Best wishes. Love Tracy and James. Good Job Michael.

Emily said...

Congrats on Michael's homecoming! Noah failed all of his hearing tests miseably, but he now has a cochlear implant and is close to age appropriate in speech. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on coming home!
cant wait to see pics of him at home with you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nathalie!
I am so excited and happy for you. Being a mom is a wonderful blessing and you have just been blessed. God has had everything under control from day 1. Welcome home Michael. Blessings to all

If you need anything you have my email address and I sent you my information.

Best Always,
Leslie Maldonado and family
Royal Caribbean