Wednesday, February 20, 2008

February 20, 2008

Michael was sick again today. I think he had a stomach virus. He could not keep anything down. He started gagging in the middle of the night, but did not throw up. The moment he woke up this morning, everything came out. The same thing happened during therapy (Natalia was with him at therapy) and later on again. I gave him some pedialyte and he managed to keep that in. Later on during the day he got diarrhea, poor baby. Finally at night, he managed to eat 4 ounces of formula and keep it in. I hope he will feel better tomorrow.

This morning, I went to the mass for Noah. It was soooo sad!!! To see the tiny little coffin was heart breaking. The service was beautiful. The flowers (white lily's and tulips) were very impressive and there were a lot of people (including some nurses and dr. Zabaleta from the Mount Sinai NICU - it was nice to talk to them. The service made me realize how incredibly blessed we are that Michael is doing so well and I had the chance today to thank dr. Z for that ... again).
Noah's parents are so strong!! I am so amazed how they deal with everything that came on their path. Noah truly touched so many hearts!! Noah's father wrote a beautiful poem for his daughter; and Noah's twin sister: Nina.

Our Story

If I don't make it,
Don't worry
Dad took enough pictures to share with you my story.

I was hot
I was cold
I loved music
It must be told

I lived like a fox
Slept in a small box
It sometimes felt made of rocks

Minutes were easy
Hours became long
Soon came the weeks and now months are gone

The ride was not over
The machines kept pumping
I could hear the air thumping

I kept breathing
I was born a fighter
My air got tougher
My lungs got tighter

I was then told my lungs were broken
So Mom and Dad prayed
And heaven gave them another token

The ride goes on
I must play
With the coin inserted that very same day

How long will I last?
Nobody knows
What we needed was for my lungs to grow

Life is short
Life is long
I want to say
You did no wrong

You're my sister
Now and always
Live your life
We both have a story

For Nina, by your Dad on behalf of Noah

1 comment:

23wktwinsmommy said...

I am so sorry about Noah. It makes me so sad to think about it. The tiny coffin reminded me of our neice's passing, and her wake and burial.
I was too emotional just thinking about the loss of a baby to read the poem, but that was very sweet of Noah's dad to do for Noah's twin sis.
Thinking of Noah and his family tonight.