Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April 2, 2008

We're home!!! Traveling with a baby over 20 hours is hard, but traveling with a baby that's sick is even harder. The doctor in Holland told me that it would be okay, but I am not sure if I made the right decision. Michael is so miserable. I took him to the doctor today and he told us to start with albuterol treatments again, every 4 hours. His lungs are very congested. He now also has an ear infection and he is on anti biotics. If I had know he had an ear infection, I would not have flown with him, but Michael has not shown any signs of an ear infection. He is not even grabbing his ears. I feel so bad though. He is also not eating. I tried pedialyte, but nothing really works. Rae and Jules came over to help out today and they went with me to the doctor. You can't really tell he is sick, because he is always smiling. The moment the doctor walked in, he started doing his little happy act again. The first thing the doctor said was the he doesn't act sick at all. I am glad that Rae and Jules saw it too. I think I should put an examination table with the paper on it at home and play doctor with him. He seems to love it. Also in the ER in Holland he acted all cute and funny when the doctors examined him. He is such a character!!!

The flight was long and annoying. Whoever wants to fly with a baby, I won't recommend US Airways. They are not helpful at all. They promise things they can't deliver and then on top of that they lost my luggage and after 4 phone calls and 24 hours later, they still have no idea where it is. I did upgrade to first class, but even that did not change my mind that I would not prefer to fly this airline again...

Anyway, I am glad we are home. We had such a great time in Holland, but the 80 degrees in Miami today felt very nice :)

No comments: