Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April 15, 2008

Michael is still very sick. It is heart breaking!! When he starts coughing, he can't stop. His cough sounds awful. He has such a hard time breathing. He starts crying and you can tell he is in so much pain. Yesterday, my inlaws, Rae and Jules, came over to help me (since I still feel crappy and I am dizzy all the time). Michael had a coughing episode for about 40 minutes and I was ready to take him back to the ER. I gave him some Tylenol again (we have given him Motrin at different times as well) and another aerosol treatment.

I did have an appointment with the pediatrician so I went there first to find out if I had to go to the ER with Michael (if we had gone back to the ER, he probably would have had to stay in the hospital). I am glad we went to the pediatrician instead. Michael vomitted in the car and it seemed to have calmed him down a little. On Sunday, Natalia was here and she explained that babies cannot cough up their mucus as good as adults, that is why they vomit. It brings up the mucus. At the pediatrician Michael was doing much better already (I started crying when I saw dr. Perello - I was just so worried!!). We were told to give him aerosol treatments every 2 - 3 hours and a higher dosage. It seems to really help him. So I was up all night giving him his treatments. Today, he still had a lot of grunting, coughing and he had retractions. But at least he didn't have a fever anymore. He slept a lot!! Tomorrow we have to go back for a follow up with dr. Perello. If he is not doing better by tomorrow, he will have to start steroids. So please pray that he'll be better by tomorrow morning!!!

1 comment:

Mommato4miracles said...

We are praying and praying and then praying some more.