Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 6, 2008

Happy New Year!! I just can’t believe 2007 is over!!! We can say that it was a very tumultuous year for us. But looking back, we have every reason to be thankful. We have the most beautiful, amazing, happy, miraculous baby!!! And I have the most beautiful, amazing, generous, funny husband!!! He has a heart of gold and I am the luckiest woman to have him as my husband!!! We hope that 2008 is going to be (even) better and healthier than 2007.

We had a nice few days. Last week on Thursday, I took Michael to the pulmonologist. We ran into Sherilynn and Michael A. That was so funny, to run into them only a few days after we met them for the first time. The pulmonologist told us to start weaning Michael off the oxygen at night. We start with 2 hours, then continue with 2 hour increments. His saturations are really good, so we really thing that January is the last month for his oxygen. Woohoo!!!!

Last week on Friday we went to the pediatrician to get more vaccinations for Michael. He is up to date now for his 9-months vaccinations. He got a little sick, his leg was all swollen and he was sleeping constantly for 2 days after the shots. The pediatrician gave us the results of the MRI. He said that it looked great. The only thing he has is some extra fluids in his brains, but he said that that is common for preemies and it will go away over time.

After the pediatrician we went to a café to meet up with Matthew and Mary for the first time. It was so nice!!! Matthew and Mary felt like they knew him already from the blog. At night we went out to dinner at an Ethiopian place. That was great. Sunday, Claudia (Cici) came to South Beach to stay with us for a few days. On New Years Eve David, Lesley, Anna and Josh were coming over for dinner. We had a full house!!! It was very nice. Later on that night, Matthew and Mary went to the beach to watch the fireworks and Robert, Claudia and I just looked at it from our balcony. We had a great view!!!

Here are two pictures Matthew took:


Wednesday, Michael had a booth testing at dr. Balkany’s office. They tested him without the hearing aids. I was wearing ear plugs and the sound was still very loud. It didn’t bother Michael, he could hardly hear it. The results were basically the same as all the previous tests we had done. Next week we will do a booth test with his hearing aids. This week, it was in the 30’s (Fahrenheit) in Miami, very unusual!!! But I loved it. Finally Michael and I got to wear our winter clothing :)

Michael has not been eating well since Wednesday. He has been cranky. He has a very loose stool and very often. I really think he is teething now. We will probably find out within the next few days. He has some new things again. When he plays on the playmat, he touches the toys with his feet. Like a little monkey :)
Also, he scoots all over the playmat and rug. You constantly have to pull him back. It is so funny to look at. He wants to sit up now ALL the time. And he is trying to stand up. He loves the jumper now. When you put him in it, he can't stop jumping. So adorable :)

So, we had a busy, but very nice week. Everybody went back home and Robert and I had a great weekend together with Mikey :)

More pictures will follow….

No comments: