Wednesday, December 26, 2007

December 26, 2007

Friday, Cici, Jerry, Tom and Maureen came over. They had just been on a cruise. It was nice to see them, even though it was very brief.


Saturday, December 22, I finally got my car back, after it was in the shop for a month!! We drove to West Palm Beach and had lunch with Mimi and Poppy and Diego, Maria and Patrick. He is so adorable!! For some reason he wasn't happy and was screaming!!! I don't think we ever heard Michael that loud, ha ha!!! He is getting much more vocal and louder though.

Another cute Daddy and Michael picture

I was teaching Michael to drive a car, hi hi! You can't start too early :)








He has some new things: He keeps 'waving' with his right arm. He even might smack you in the face;
He loves to lift up his butt and even turned around a few times this week;
He discovered his 'pipi' and loves to hold it (with his left hand) when I change his diaper :) ;
He makes more sounds, like 'ah', 'ma', 'aba' and the squealing sounds;
He does not want to sit in his car seat anymore as of yesterday, he wants to 'sit up'.

Sunday night we went out to dinner with our friends Bonnie and her 7-year old daughter Chelsea who came over from North Carolina. Robert gave some whipped cream to Michael. At first he really liked it. As soon as I pulled out the video camera, he was more interested in his surroundings (if you click on the picture, the video will start):





Monday Sherilynn and her son Michael A. came over to visit us. Michael A. is 12 years old and about to do his Bar Mitzvah. He has a cochlear implant and a hearing aid. As his Mitzvah he is talking to parents of hearing impaired children. He was such a sweetheart. He (and his mom) where playing on the floor with our Michael and really entertaining him. In the meantime, I had the opportunity to ask all the questions that came up in my mind. It was awesome!!! Michael A. gave our Michael a golf ball with his name on it as a gift. So sweet!!!


Monday afternoon, Bonnie, Chelsea, Michael and I, went to the beach to wave at Mimi, Poppy, uncle Matthew, (soon to be) aunt Mary and Josh. They left on a cruise and we saw them off. That was so much fun. We could hear them yell back at us :)



Tuesday was Christmas day and Bonnie and Chelsea decided to babysit for us so that Robert and I were able to go see a movie. It was the first time since the NICU that we went to the movies. It was very nice. In fact, one of the NICU nurses was sitting behind us :)

Today is Wednesday and we had PT/OT/ST. After that we had lunch with Irene. She is such a doll!! She has been so involved in Michael's progress, since he was born. I hope we will do it again some day.
Nathali

No comments: