Tuesday we went to Walmart to pick up some things and since Dorothy, Michael's former night nurse here at home, lives right there we went to see her. It was brief, but nice to see her. She could really tell the difference in how much bigger he got.
Wednesday I took Michael to therapy. ST said he was doing much better, so we will continue doing the home exercises with him. He also needs more tummy time according to PT/OT, which is difficult with his reflux.
Thursday we went to auditory verbal therapy with Kathy and it was great. She already saw an improvement in only one week!! He actually responded when you called his name. I had never even noticed that before. So we will continue the home exercises for that as well.
Friday we were supposed to see the GI (gastroenterologist) for his reflux, but that was cancelled by the doctor last minute. I was very disappointed because Michael has not been gaining as much lately and his vomiting is only getting worse. We rescheduled for two weeks from now and we will just have to keep a close eye on it. That afternoon we went to dr. Fifer and Megan to get Michael's new hearing aid mold. His ear had grown so much and it was such a big difference between the old mold and the new one. Now that also took the right ear mold, since that one is way too small and we can't keep it in. The new mold stays in sooooo much better. He was even playing and rolling around and it wouldn't fall out. What a relief! Dr. Fifer said that it will get better once his ears are getting bigger. Megan was tickling Michael and he was laughing!!! He makes all the movements (you can feel his belly laugh) but there is no sound coming out of his throat, just a little whisper. It's kind of cute, but also kind of sad. I think he'll be able to laugh out loud soon!! Can't wait for that!!!
This is a picture of Michael in his 'Hotel Monteleone' shirt. Uncle Ron is the manager in that hotel and him and aunt Anne helped us organize our wedding in New Orleans in July 2004. We had such a terrific wedding, but we couldn't have done it without Ron and Anne. I think Michael looks adorable in this shirt!!!

Yesterday, we went to the Bat Mitzvah of our cousin Lauren. She did GREAT!!!! Michael was hungry during the ceremony, but he behaved :) (as usual). We fed him and then aunt Anne was holding him and he took a little power nap in her arms. After the ceremony he got really cranky so Natalia came over to pick him up and he went home with her. We won't see Natalia until January and we will miss her!!!!
Michael really seemed to like aunt Anne. I wish she lived closer!! The party was fun and we all had a great night!! Here are some pictures... (I wish I had taken more!!)
Another family portrait :)
Aunt Anne and Michael
Uncle Ron, Michael and Aunt Anne (he already started crying, I think he was tired)













1 comment:
Glad to hear things are going well with Michael! Funny that you mention he doesn't laugh out loud...neither does Ashton. Any news on going the CI route?
Post a Comment