Monday, December 10, 2007

December 10, 2007

We had a busy week (again!) and I haven't been behind a computer for a while. So here are some pictures of the last week. These first pictures were taken by Natalia when she was baby sitting Michael during the Bat Mitzvah of Lauren.

I just think he looks so cute in his button down shirt and his cute white shoes!!! He is such a big man :)




You can see Natalia's pretty Christmas tree in this picture:
Michael loves his new vibrating teether (and of course it is a froggy :))
Oh, and Natalia passed her second board exam to become a physician in the USA!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
ORLANDO
Last week we spent the week in Orlando. Robert had to work and Michael and I were hanging out with our friend Claudia. We always have fun with her!!! Michael will call her Cici {CC: for Crazy Claudia :)}
We met up with her mom and aunt (the 91 year old twins) and her brother Ron for lunch one day. It was so nice to see them! We went shopping, we went for walks and just relaxed. Claudia prepared great food and desserts for us. I loved our week in Orlando!!!
Here Michael is taking a bath in Claudia's bathroom sink
Jeff came down from Jacksonville to spend the day with us. While he was walking Michael around in the stroller, Claudia and I had a chance to shop around :) He will be a great dad one day!!!
Jeff on the motor cycle; he will take classes next year

One of the nights at Claudia's house I woke up at 3.30 am. I heard a loud bang and a weird sound, as if something flew by my window really fast. I was sleeping with Michael in one room and Robert was sleeping in the other guest room since he had to wake up early the next morning. I ran to his room to see if he was okay. I thought he had fallen out of his bed!!!! He was sound asleep and I actually woke him up. When we were all awake I found out the neighbor's tree had fallen next to our rooms. Luckily it didn't fall the other direction or our borrowed car (from Robert's parents) would have been totalled and that would have freaked me out after 2 car accidents in the week prior to that...
Luckily the tree didn't hit anything, except for the fence

I love this picture of Cici and Michael

Cute pictures of my little big man :)



Mommy and Mickey
On our way home from Orlando we spent Thursday night with Mimi and Poppy. Friday morning we went to Robert's work and introduced our little Muppet to his colleagues. He was such a good boy!! He smiled at everyone!!! In the afternoon we had to rush home to go to the Preemie party at Mount Sinai.
PREEMIE PARTY
December 7, 2007
We went to the NICU Party at Mount Sinai. It was for all the babies that were born there, so some of these babies are teens now!!! It was nice to see the nurses and some of the other babies!! At the time of this party Michael still has not been at home as long as he has been in the NICU. That makes us even realize more how long he was in the NICU, because it feels like he has been home forever!!!
Michael and Terri (the head nurse of the NICU)

Michael and his NICU mommy: Karen. It was so great to see her again!!!!


Jodi, Hannah (Michael's neighbor during his NICU time), Michael and Mommy. I guess both babies are teething :) Hannah is so cute!!!

Michael, Mommy and Maria. She lost over 60 pounds and she looked AMAZING!!!!!!

Friday night I had to pick up my (18 year old) sister, Anne who was arriving from Holland. Her flight was cancelled and she was re-routed, so she was exhausted when she arrived. The next night we went to uncle David and aunt Lesley for Hanukkah. We had a great time!!! Irene and her mom where there, Sharon and Michelle were there and Mimi and Poppy and uncle Lionel also came over. We had a great dinner and Michael got some very nice gifts. Thank you all!!!!!
Aunt Anne and Michael
Michael was 'talking'. He looks so serious :)
Shiva was making sure that Michael was okay. Those Dutchies cannot be trusted, ha ha!!


Anne was cooking (onions, that is why she was wearing sun glasses at night!!!)

Unfortunately Anne's trip was short. She'll be going home tomorrow. Michael really likes her!!! She will have to come more often (so does the rest of my family :) )







No comments: