Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January 23, 2008

Monday, Natalia came over and brought her father, who was visiting from Colombia. He is a very nice person and he loved spending time with Michael. She has such a nice family!!! Monday afternoon Michael and I went for a nice stroll around the beach.

Tuesday we had a GI (gastroenterologist) appointment. Dr. Muines is such a great doctor. We met another preemie girl in the waiting room. She was 22 months old and she had a paralyzed vocal cord and a feeding tube. Other than that she is doing really well and she has a twin brother at home, who was also doing well. They were 25-weekers. I don't get to meet that many preemie children, so it was a great opportunity to ask questions. Dr. Muines gave us the test results of the ultrasound Michael had done a few days ago and everything was fine. The adult dosage of prevacid seems to help, because Michael has not had any projectile vomiting lately, just the normal baby spit-up. Dr. Muines was going to examine him and ripped open his outfit. It was funny how he did that and I commented that luckily Michael was wearing an easy outfit with push buttons. He answered that one time he ripped the outfit of a baby open like that and realized too late that the outfit had REAL buttons. I thought that was so funny and I kept imagining that in my head all day :)
Michael has to go back in May, woohoo! Oh and he was 15 pounds, 9 ounces and 25 1/2 inches.

Today we had to go to therapy. I don't know what Lyra did, but he was so annoyed with her. I had to take care of something and she put him on his belly. Nina's mom was there with Nina and she said it was the funniest thing! He would put his head on his arm and then check if Lyra was still around. When he saw her, he would put his head back on his arm and start 'screaming' again. Lyra got up to go to the bathroom and he followed her with his eyes until she was gone and then finally calmed down. I wish I had seen it!! He definitely has character :)
Nina is doing awesome!!! I think they should spend more time together so that Michael can learn some 'tricks' from her :)
Her brother Noah has not improved much since Christmas, but I will keep you updated on him. I feel so bad for them, I can't stop thinking about it...

More pictures:
(Big) Mommy and Michael

Natalia, Michael and Herman (Natalia's father)

No comments: