Thursday, January 24, we saw the pulmonologist and it's official: Michael is off the oxygen all together!!! He also cut his dosage of Diurill in half. We are so excited!!! Michael really really disliked the oxygen the last few weeks. He couldn't even tolerate it on his face anymore, so this is such a relief!!!
The downside of going to all these doctor's appointments is the germs. You go to the places with the sickest people with an "immune suppressed" baby. Well, now his mommy is a little low on resistance, because I picked up a bad cold somewhere. No surprise. People don't bother putting their hand in front of their mouth when they cough or sneeze. And when they do, they don't wash their hands. I guess I am the other extreme, I should probably buy shares of Purell :)
Anyway, Michael woke up with a runny nose and he has been sneezing and coughing today. I put on the vaporizer. His 'germ guardian' has been on since he came home 6 months ago; and I put some nasal saline in his nose. I hope he can be spared of this nasty cold!!!
Friday, Lynn came over from the SHINE program. I learn so much from her, I am glad she comes over to teach us about his speech development and his hearing aids. He is making different sounds and loves to blow raspberry's and make the 'fart' sound :) The last few days I was wearing a mask and even though he was a little bit confused by it, he still responded to what I was saying. This means that he hears with his hearing aids and is not just going by our facial expressions.
This weekend we spent with the grandparents and we had a great time!! Michael turned around twice in a row and he is scooting on his back all around their living room. He is tolerating his belly much better and we are still working on him sitting unassisted. Even though he is behind for a 7 month old baby, I think he is doing really really well!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Nathali,
We were told that Patrick would not get as sick because he was breastfeeding. Even though he stays at daycare a few days a week this has proven to be true (he got sick just once since November when we started taking him there). If you are still extracting, give him your breast milk from when you were sick (even if you feed them to him in order and skip a few bottles) because you would be giving him the defenses you have already produced with your own body. Veronica and I have been through some colds since Patrick was born last July and he only got a cold that one time I just mentioned.
Diego
Post a Comment