
This week I learned again how fragile life is and how we cannot take each day for granted. Our lovely friend and colleague Roxxy passed away suddenly at the very young age of 37 as her body succumbed to breast cancer. Roxxy is survived by her husband and a beautiful little baby girl named Madison who gave her strength and the will to fight in the most difficult 14 months of her life.
Roxxy was a very open, happy, extremely helpful woman. I have only known her for a year, but she has been so helpful in that short time. She always had a smile on her face and I loved the way she called everybody 'dude' :)
She was there for me when I returned to work and I had to leave my baby in the NICU. She could relate. And even though she was struggling through the most difficult time, more difficult than I could ever imagine, she still managed to give me hope.
It is heart breaking that Roxxy was not given the opportunity to raise her daughter and nurture her through life. While adjusting to being a new mother, she courageously fought the disease and with her will to live, she emerged to accept her challenge. Although her journey came to a sudden end, her lessons to live life to its fullest with those whom you love were evident. She will never be forgotten.



2 comments:
I am just soi heartbroiken and confused abotu all the tragedy lately...I don't know if you;ve read my blog today...I'm so sorry about your friend. There are no words to express how sad I feel that she won't get to see her daughter grow up...
We are sorry to hear about your loss and will keep you and her family in our prayers.
Mama Ali
Post a Comment