Sunday, October 4, 2009

October 4, 2009

It's with great sadness that we learned that my grandmother Jannie passed away this morning in Holland. I am so glad that Michael and I were able to see her last month and she was still able to enjoy our company. She is one of the strongest women I have ever met and she was full of life!!

She became my grandmother when my father married her daughter (my step mom) Joke when I was 14.

She always cared for me as a grandmother does and she always excepted me for who I was.

I will love her always. She will be missed!!!!

Me dancing with my grandmother in 2003

Robert and Oma Jannie in 2004

Robert was so fond about her too!!
She was a perfectionist, so Robert thought it was funny that when my grandmother went into the kitchen to make tea or coffee, Robert would move the coffee table by one inch. When she'd return she noticed right away and would move the table back. And he would repeat this like three times, without her noticing that it was a joke :) When he told her, she thought it was funny too :)

No comments: