Alberto. Mikey was very happy to see them and Alberto was very happy to see Shiva :)
Thursday morning, Robert, Michael and I went to Bascom Palmer. The last time they told me to feed him was 3 am, so I gave him a bottle of Pediasure. There were a few kids in front of us that all needed surgery so we ended up waiting much longer than expected. They took Michael in at 2.30pm. He was getting hungry, but as usual was a trooper!!! He came out at 5.30pm and they did the glaucoma surgery on his right eye. The doctor mentioned that the pressure was still pretty high in the left eye, so they will do the surgery on his left eye next month.
Michael did not wake up from the anesthesia as he did the other 3 times. He was really upset. And so strong that I could not hold him. I am so glad that Robert was with me!!! Michael kept trying to pull his IV out, but at least that took his attention away from the eye patch.
On the way home he was exhausted!! I was nervous about him taking the patch off, but when we got home he fell asleep and slept through the night!!!!
Mikey on the way home, still out of it...
The next morning he was doing great, as if nothing happened!!!! We had to go back to Miami to have the patch taken off.Mikey being happy the next morning
The follow up with the doctor went well. He took the patch off and his eye wasn't even red. I didn't realize Michael was going to have to wear a clear patch for a week and that we had to give him drops 5 times a day the first week, 3 times a day the next week and so on.The patch doesn't seem to worry him, the drops do :)
Mikey is pretend calling daddy...
Here is a video of Mikey playing with Shiva our dog:
Michael had the surgery on Thursday and he went back to school on Monday. He did really well. However his skin was getting really irritated so we only put the patch on when he went to school Monday and Wednesday. The other days he did well, I think he did rub his eye one time when he woke up, because it was much more red than on Friday. The only thing that still shows that he had surgery is that his pupil is still dilated more than a week after the surgery!!
I want to thank everybody for the e-mails and text message and their support!!! We will need it again next month :)




No comments:
Post a Comment