Friday Rob's brother Matthew and his wife Mary came and stayed with us. I love spending time with them. They love spending time with Mikey and are really good at making him laugh, see the picture below:
Here you can see how Michael being intubated for 3 months affected his front teeth. They are pushed forward and you can't even see them when he smiles.
Saturday it was Anna's Bat Mitzvah and she did so well!!! She didn't even look nervous!!! I wish I had some pictures, but I couldn't find my camera.
On Saturday night we went out to dinner with Rae and Jules and their good friends Jim and Mary-Ruth. I am so glad we were finally able to meet them. They have been following Michael's progress since I started writing this blog. I think that them (and Irene), are the last of the blog followers that I know of :)
I wish I could have made more pictures of Michael and Jim and Mary-Ruth, but Michael wasn't really cooperating. I am so glad that Rae and Jules have such good friends!!! They have known Jules (and his twin brother Lionel) since high school. I wish we could see them more often. I haven't seen Jules so happy in a long time!!!
Matthew, Mary, Jim, Jules, Rae, Mary-Ruth, Me, Mikey and Robert
Mimi, Me and Mary-RuthAnd we all got to dress up. Here are some pictures:
Michael in his suit, Me, Robert and beautiful Anna
My hubby and I :)We could not get him away from the piano :)
Robert's brother Steven, his nephew Joseph and his dad Jules

At one time during the party I thought Michael was with Robert and Robert thought Michael was with me. Bottom line: he was gone!!! I panicked!!! Everybody had access to the building and Mikey could have easily walked out by himself. But then again, he was playing with balloons and I had images in my mind that the string was wrapped around his neck. I looked everywhere!!! Under tables, in bathrooms, the kitchen, every corner. Jules walked all around the building. Robert, Matthew and David were searching. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!!!!

I put ear plugs in his ear and I can't believe he slept through all that loud music, lights and people around him!!! And he always peeks a little bit through his eye, even when he sleeps :)
Steven, Joseph and Shelley in our kitchen
On Wednesday Michael returned to 'school' at the temple. He is going 3 mornings a week. He went there a few weeks last week, but we took him out because he got sick a lot. The boys in his class still remembered him and yelled out "MIKEY" when he walked in. They were so excited and made Michael feel at home right away. He actually didn't want to leave with me when I picked him up. He wanted to play more!!!
At one time during the party I thought Michael was with Robert and Robert thought Michael was with me. Bottom line: he was gone!!! I panicked!!! Everybody had access to the building and Mikey could have easily walked out by himself. But then again, he was playing with balloons and I had images in my mind that the string was wrapped around his neck. I looked everywhere!!! Under tables, in bathrooms, the kitchen, every corner. Jules walked all around the building. Robert, Matthew and David were searching. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!!!!
What happened was that Mary took Michael when Rob and I were distracted, not knowing that we were looking for him. I was just so happy that he was okay!!! My heart still races even when I write this!!!
A little later, Rob and Mikey were dancing on the dance floor. Mikey loved it!!!
I put ear plugs in his ear and I can't believe he slept through all that loud music, lights and people around him!!! And he always peeks a little bit through his eye, even when he sleeps :)
The next day Steven, Shelly, Joseph and Eliza came over to our house for the first time. I am so glad they were able to come by.
Eliza
On Friday it was Grand Parents day and Poppy was able to come and join us. Michael enjoyed having him around, but it was also a little confusing for him since it was only his second day back at school.
Poppy and Michael in school




No comments:
Post a Comment