Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3, 2009

Mikey and I went to Holland this week. I am so glad we went!!! My grand mother is very sick and I am glad we got to see her while she was still able to talk a little. She has lung cancer and it spread to her throat and her kidneys. So sad!! She is in a lot of pain. I am so happy that Michael was able to make her smile!!! That was worth the long trip right there!!!

We obviously saw the rest of the family, which was great. It has been a year ago since we were last there. And Michael is so much fun now. He is such a little character!!!

We spent some time with my brother Uri, his wife Neta and my nephew Roy. Roy and Michael were playing really well together!! So cute!!

We got to spend time with my brothers and sister, my parents (seperately, since they are divorced) and my friends Bernardina and Mariska. I would have liked to also see my friend Rende, and my ex-colleagues at the Academy of Sciences in Amsterdam, but 6 days is just too short!!!

Michael was a super traveller. Both on the way there and back. I call him the travel trooper :)
He was super hyper, he hardly slept. And both trips were about 20 hours with the waiting and the lay overs. Michael loved the take offs and he loved the turbulence :) I think he is going to be a pilot. His ears don't seem to bother him at all when we fly.

Even though it was wonderful to see my family and especially my grand mother, I am happy to be home. Tomorrow we have to go to Miami for Michael's Glaucoma check up. Hope the drops are helping!!

Mikey on the rocking horse at my brother's house

Roy, my brother and Mikey
My brother and I
Roy and Mikey were playing great together!!
My friend Bernardina just gave birth to her third child: Eveline. She is really cute but wouldn't smile for the picture. She had a little cold and she just woke up. She is 3 months old, but already about the same size as Michael :)
Her other children Christiaan and Marie-Louise loved playing with Michael!!!
Me and Eveline
My father and Mikey in the little car my father rented for us. Michael loves to 'pretend drive'
This weekend is the Bat Mitzvah weekend of our niece Anna. I am looking forward to it!!!

No comments: