It was a long flight, but it went very well. Michael slept about 3 hours (of the 10 hour flight) and the rest of the time he pretty much entertained himself. He is such a good baby!! When we got to Miami airport, it was absolute chaos. The lines for passport control were very unclear and then there was only one huge line for customs. They can never seem to figure things out at that airport. Then when we got to the car, we found out the battery had died, that was kind of annoying. We were glad we were home.
Here is a photo journal of our week in Holland:
At the airport, June 30. Michael still had some time to roll around

Michael had a bassinet. He just barely fit in it. He is getting so big!!!
Here he was still playing, but he slept about 6 hours of the 8. He kept trying to turn around, but he didn't have enough space and he kept hitting his head against the sides.
The first thing we did when we got to my father's house, was put Michael on the floor so that he could move around a little
Michael loves spending time with my father
Robert, my father, Michael and I went to a typical old tradition Dutch 'poffertjes' restaurant. Poffertjes are mini pancakes, covered in sugar and butter. I just LOVE them!!! You can see Robert and Michael at the left of the restaurant. In the middle there is a huge stove where they make the poffertjes.
You can't really see the stove behind me, but it's huge!!
My father and Robert at the 'poffertjes kraam'
Before we went to the 'poffertjes kraam', we went to my bank (ABN AMRO) to finally give them my change in address from Holland to the USA (after 4 years!). They needed to make a copy of my passport and it turned out that I forgot it in the bank. That same night, the lady that helped us in the bank personally delivered it at my father's house. That is what you call: customer service!! And believe me, Holland is not known for customer service :)
My daddy and Michael hangin' out :)



I LOVE this picture!! Can you see his 2 teeth? (Michael's, not my father's. he he)
We went to my brother's house, where Robert entertained Michael and my nephew Roy with bubbles. Neta prepared a nice dinner and we had a great time!!
Roy is enjoying the bubbles
This is a GREAT picture of my eldest brother, Uri
I am hugging my nephew. He is almost 3 and a half years old.
When we came home from having dinner at my brother's my daddy wanted to hold Michael for a while. I guess he missed him :)
Saturday, July 5th we went to the town I grew up. To visit my best friend Mariska. Mariska and I grew up together and have been friends since about Michael's age. Mariska will be moving to Amsterdam this year, but her condo is not ready yet. I guess even in Holland construction is never 'on time' :) So until then, she is staying with her parents. We put Michael on the grass for the first time at Mariska's parents house
He didn't cry, but I also don't think he liked it very much

Mariska's nephew Jesper and nieces Luca, Jasmijn and Noa were very interested in Michael's first time on the grass
They really enjoyed spending time with Michael
It was good to see Mariska again. She looked great!! She has MS and she started medication. I really felt that she has improved over the last 3 months.
I love this picture of Mariska. Today July 8, is her birthday. She is 2 days older than I am and I had to hear that my entire life :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARISKA!!!!


Mariska youngest niece, Noa, really like holding Michael. I gave her the bottle and she started feeding him right away. As if she has fed babies her entire life!!! So cute!!
He didn't cry, but I also don't think he liked it very much
Mariska's nephew Jesper and nieces Luca, Jasmijn and Noa were very interested in Michael's first time on the grass
They really enjoyed spending time with Michael
It was good to see Mariska again. She looked great!! She has MS and she started medication. I really felt that she has improved over the last 3 months.
I love this picture of Mariska. Today July 8, is her birthday. She is 2 days older than I am and I had to hear that my entire life :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARISKA!!!!
Mariska youngest niece, Noa, really like holding Michael. I gave her the bottle and she started feeding him right away. As if she has fed babies her entire life!!! So cute!!Mariska's mom is making sure that everything is okay...
After we left Mariska, we went to see my brother Ehud. We had dinner in Enkhuizen and walked around afterwards.
Me and my brother Ehud. This is in front of a cafe in Enkhuizen where he likes to go. Ehud might have Cerebral Palsy, but his social life is much bigger than mine!! I am so proud of my little big brother!!!

On Sunday we went to a restaurant for lunch to celebrate my father's 60th birthday. We sat in the 'lounge' area. The weather was absolutely perfect.
This is a great picture of Michael, my sister Anne and brother Ron
I love this picture too!!!
My father and Robert. I am so glad that they get along so well!!!
Michael did the flipping of the tongue again :)
My sister is so cute!!!
After we left Mariska, we went to see my brother Ehud. We had dinner in Enkhuizen and walked around afterwards.
Me and my brother Ehud. This is in front of a cafe in Enkhuizen where he likes to go. Ehud might have Cerebral Palsy, but his social life is much bigger than mine!! I am so proud of my little big brother!!!
On Sunday we went to a restaurant for lunch to celebrate my father's 60th birthday. We sat in the 'lounge' area. The weather was absolutely perfect.
This is a great picture of Michael, my sister Anne and brother Ron
I love this picture too!!!
My father and Robert. I am so glad that they get along so well!!!
Michael did the flipping of the tongue again :)
My sister is so cute!!!Of course Robert was preparing the meat :)
(From left to right: Michael, my sister Anne, my brother Ron, my father Gera, my brother Ehud, me, Robert, my sister in law Neta, my brother Uri and my nephew Roy)
Anne is still smiling with Michael on her neck
Another cute picture of Michael and Ehud
Michael's very proud Aunt Neta
Is this the cutest baby in the whole wide world, or what ? :)
Robert and Michael in their plane seats...

So, as you can see from the pictures, we had a great time!!! We drove around in my father's Fiat Cinquecento (tiny car) and it was so funny. We are so big, that we hardly fit in the car. I wish I had taken a picture :)
Anne is still smiling with Michael on her neck
Another cute picture of Michael and Ehud
Michael's very proud Aunt Neta
Is this the cutest baby in the whole wide world, or what ? :)Sunday night I met up with my sister and my mom, Joke. We said goodbye in the rain, that sucked!! Hopefully we will be able to spend more time with my mom next time!!!
Monday morning we went to the Amsterdam airport. The computers were down so they were not able to check-in for a while. The line for check-in was absolutely ridiculous!!! For a while I didn't even think we were going to be able to make our flight. Luckily we did!!
Here is my big boy sitting in his plane seat with his seat belt on
Here is my big boy sitting in his plane seat with his seat belt on
Robert and Michael in their plane seats...
So, as you can see from the pictures, we had a great time!!! We drove around in my father's Fiat Cinquecento (tiny car) and it was so funny. We are so big, that we hardly fit in the car. I wish I had taken a picture :)
We are glad to be home. Michael is really tired from his jet lag. He has been sleeping almost all day!!! Michael seems to be very happy to be home. He can't get enough of his jumper!!
Tomorrow he has his annual appointment with Early Intervention. I know he is behind developmentally, so I wonder what they will tell us...










3 comments:
such cute pictures!!!!
The pictures are wonderful, glad you had a safe and happy trip.
Mama Ali
Michael is looking so big and grown up. Glad to hear you had such a good time/
Post a Comment