Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 17, 2008

Today was a very good day. It was our 4 year wedding anniversary. Can't believe it has been 4 years ago we got married in New Orleans. It was such a fun day!!! I will treasure that day forever!!
Here is a picture of that beautiful day:
And we celebrated another anniversary: Michael has been home 1 year exactly today. I remember that day as if it was yesterday. We were so excited to finally bring Michael home after 5 months in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, but it was also scary to bring a baby home on oxygen and monitors. He came home at 7 pounds, 7 ounces. Today he is 18 pounds. It's amazing what Michael has achieved in the last year!!!
Here are some pictures of the day we brought him home: July 17, 2007
He was still so tiny
I am still nervous about the times he sleeps, I keep checking up on him to see if he breaths. I am slowly transferring back to my own bedroom, because I have been sleeping in the nursery for the last year. Michael has a new thing now. He doesn't like to sleep with anything on top of his body, he keeps kicking the blanket off, but he likes to put it on his face for some reason. I know, he is a weird kid :)
And he likes to sleep on his belly now, so that makes me want to check on him even more. I guess that even though the NICU time seems to be further and further away, the apneas and brady's won't be so easily forgotten...
So, since so many people told me to write a book about our experience with Michael, I took the easy way out and I created the first year of Michael's blog into a book.
Unfortunately I cannot give everyone a copy, but if you are interested you can look at it and buy it online.
The price will be $29.95 for the Softcover;
$41.95 for the Dust Jacket Hardcover;
or $44.95 for the ImageWrap Hardcover.
We don't want to make the book public, so we will be sending out announcements about the book with information on where and how to order it.
If you are interested and have not received an announcement through Blurb.com within the next 2 days, please send an e-mail to LadyNAP@gmail.com with your e-mail address and I will send you the announcement.
We are very excited how the book turned out and it will be a great memory for Michael one day...
Yesterday we went to do the hearing test. As you can imagine it's difficult to test a baby because they cannot tell you when they hear a sound. So the audiologists have to go by a wink of the eye, or a raising of the eyebrow. But they are trained to do so. The results were very similar to the last test. He hears at about 25dBHL, which is speech level!!. This is much better than the first test he did, when he was measured at about 80 to 90dBHL (severe to profound hearing loss). We were very excited about the outcome. But we are not done with testing yet. Next month he will have another ABR test done. They will be measuring his brainwaves with electrodes on his head, while he is asleep. We will keep you updated.
So, once again Happy Anniversary to the two most beautiful men in my life!! You two make me complete! I love you both so much!!

2 comments:

Mommato4miracles said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful day to celebrate! That is so special that it is the last NICU day and the day you were married. It is amazing how quickly they grow. Sam likes things on his head too. We took blankets out and left a thin little burp cloth so he could put that over his head but wouldn't get stuck with a blanket tangled on his head

Nathali said...

That's a great tip, thank you so much!!! Hope Sophia is doing a little better...