Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 19, 2008

We had a nice week. We got to spend some time with Robert's niece and nephew, Elisa and Joseph. They live in Missouri, so we don't get to see them that often. They stayed with Mimi and Poppy and it happened to be that we were going to stay with Mimi and Poppy as well during the same period because we stay with them when we have our hearing tests in Boca. So that turned out really well.



Yesterday, I spent all day with my friends Sarah and Philip from Israel. They were like my adopted family while I lived in the Kibbutz for 3 years. I am so thankful that they were so open and welcoming. I practically lived there :)


So, I had not seen them for about 6 years and they have not changed a bit!! It was so much fun. They got to meet Michael and they LOVED him. They have 2 beautiful grand children themselves, and you could tell that they were experienced with strollers and diaper changing breaks :)


We went to Vizcaya. Which is a beautiful mansion (now a museum) built between 1914 and 1916. It has beautiful gardens and wonderful views of the bay. http://www.vizcayamuseum.com/


After that we went and walked around at Coconut Grove. We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory. Sarah used to bake cheesecakes every Friday and everybody would have coffee and cake at her house after dinner. Such fun times. Sarah loved the cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory.


The rest of the afternoon we got some shopping done :) and at night we walked around Lincoln Road and had dinner at Nexxt Cafe. They met Robert too and we all had a great time!! I am so glad that I was able to spend some time with them!!!



When we got home late that night, our realtor Melanie came over. She had the contract for the sale of our current condo. We are excited!! We sold both condos. Melanie told us she aimed for selling both places within 60 to 90 days and she came through!!


So, now with both places sold, we have bought a new house in Coral Springs. We are so excited and can't wait to move in (hopefully sometime in August)!!!

Michael has been doing great. He has a few new things:

* He LOVES mirrors, or his reflection in the window

* He can stand (almost) unassisted next to the coffee table at Mimi and Poppy


* He tried to pull himself up at the coffee table


* He was standing up in his play pen, holding the sides and actually took a few side way steps!!


* Yesterday he was in his jumper and I was in the restroom. Michael started crying. When I called him out of the restroom, he was quiet. Then he started crying again. When I came out of the restroom, he smiled at me. As if he wondered where I was...

* On Monday I fed him Gerber Beef and it was the first time he opened his mouth!! He really liked it and actually pulled my hand to him, because it wasn't going fast enough. He has never opened his mouth for food before!!! I was so proud of him. We tried again at ST on Wednesday and he did open his mouth, but as you can see in the video, he was pushing Becky away with his hands. He did lick his mouth, so I think he liked it. Just before I started the video he was eating at a very good pace, opening his mouth, not pushing it away. I think the video camera distracted him a little:

View this montage created at One True Media
Michael at ST 7/17/08


He is becoming a big boy and all of a sudden it happens in a much faster pace.

No comments: