Saturday night we went to David and Lesley and had dinner to say goodbye to Anna, Josh and Jessie who are all leaving for camp next week.
Here is Poppy playing with Michael with a ball
Then how come, I can't grab this ball of the carpet?
I'll just keep trying and spit on it a little...Sunday, Michael and I went to Susan and Jared. Their twins (Michael's NICU buddies) Max and Noah celebrated their first birthday!! Time just flies!!! I can't believe Hurricane Season already started again yesterday!
Max and Noah are so big!! Max is 27 pounds and Noah is 20 pounds. Wow!! They are really cute. Noah was very interested in playing with Michael and they touched each others face and were smiling at each other. We should get them together more often...
Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera to the birthday party.
Last night, Robert and I tried to give Michael some banana puffs for the first time. I was very proud of him. He grabbed them between his thumb and pointer finger and managed to put it in his mouth. He was so proud of himself too!!! But then, the texture was too big for him and he vomited all the milk he ate that night. Luckily I can ask Heidi what to do :)
She told us to keep trying and break little pieces of the puffs. That is what you'll see on the tray below.
This morning I gave him the little banana puffs and rice cereal. The moment you bring the spoon to his mouth he starts blowing. He doesn't want it. So I let him play with it. He put the rice cereal all over the tray and kept moving his hands through it. I understood from Occupational Therapy that this is really good for his sensory skills. Michael seemed to enjoy it. See the pictures below :




I also tried to give him a smaller bottle that he can hold himself. He refuses to hold the bottle. The moment I touch the bottle, he lets go. If I put his hands on the bottle, he stops drinking. Such a stubborn little boy!! He tried a little to drink out of the bottle in the video but he didn't put it up high enough.
You can click on the picture below for the video:





No comments:
Post a Comment