Thursday, June 5, 2008

June 5, 2008

The days go by so fast!!

Tuesday we went to the Mailman center. It was Megan's last day and we wanted to say goodbye to her. She is going back to Chicago and we will miss her. Whomever will hire her as an audiologist, they should be lucky to have her!!! (I hope she will send us the picture she took with Mikey)
After Michael had his new ear molds made, we went to the Debbie School for a tour. Lynn (from the SHINE program) told us that Michael is eligible to go to this school. It's 5 days a week. I think it's a great school (they have a special class for children with hearing loss - from 3 years old), but I am not ready yet to let Michael go to school or childcare. I really don't think his body is strong enough to fight all the colds he will get. Maybe when he is a little older and stronger... I still have to let Lynn know what we will do.

When I got to the Mailman center, the person in front of me signed her son in at the register. His name was spelled Maicol. I read it and then I blanked out!! I didn't remember how to write my son's name!!! I started writing 'Maechel' and I'm like: that doesn't seem right!! I actually had to take out his insurance card to remind me how to write his name. Is that embarrassing or what?!

Tuesday night I took Michael on his first bike ride (I just got his helmet). The helmet is so big!! He looked so cute. I rode the bike on Ocean Drive and everybody was smiling and laughing at us. He loved it.


Wednesday Michael had ST and PT. Becky the ST tried to feed Michael some banana puffs, but with the same reaction. He started to gag and was about to vomit. Luckily she took it out of his mouth just in time.
Becky tried to spoon feed him, but no luck...
It was the last session with Lyra, our PT. Unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover anymore PT and OT. We have not figured out what to do next. Lyra (PT) and Maria (OT) have been amazing and we are so sad that we can't go see them anymore!! Thank you both for EVERYTHING!!!!!

We got a smile from Lyra :)

Wednesday night I took Michael to the beach. We actually sat on a towel on the sand and watched the ocean. The ocean was pretty rough!! He liked playing with the sand with his hands, but when I stood him up in the sand with his bare feet, he started crying. I guess he didn't like that very much :)

Today I had my annual visit with the OB/GYN and we saw dr. Bitran. He is the doctor that delivered Michael. Since Michael was taken to the NICU right away, I never got one of those pictures that new parents take with their doctor. So today (only a few days away from his first due date birthday) I finally got our picture!! Woohoo!!!

Just now, I tried to give Michael some apple sauce. He used to love apple sauce before he was committed to the PICU in March. I also gave him some sweet potato puffs. The moment I put a little piece of the puff (I broke off one tiny piece, about 1 mm in diameter) on his tongue, he started gagging and I took it out of his mouth. He didn't even close his mouth. It was just sitting on the tip of his tongue. Then he vomited his milk that he drank two hours earlier. He was playing with the puffs and he was playing with the spoon. So the aversion starts in his mouth...

No comments: