Sunday we went to Alan and Karen Pincus (Alan is Robert's cousin) for a brunch. Karen had done her adult Bat Mitzvah on Saturday. Congratulations Karen!!! We had a great time and everybody enjoyed spending time with Michael. I forgot my camera, but several people took pictures, so I think I'll be able to post some within a few days.
After the brunch, we paid a surprise visit to Robert's childhood neighbors Ruth and Sam. Sam had just undergone a kidney transplant, so he is immuno suppressed and we couldn't stay long. It was nice to introduce them to Mikey. Ruth gave me a Hebrew/English keyboard, that I can bring for my father in Holland. that was so nice of her!!
Rae and Jules came home with us after the brunch and we went out to dinner that night.
Today, Michael had his follow up at the ophthalmologist. He still tears quite a lot from his right eye (the eye that had the tear duct procedure in March). Dr. Cardone thinks that the tearing might even be caused by the bottom eye lashes, which are faced inward (towards the eye). This could cause some damage long term, so he suggested plastic surgery!! WHAT?!! I don't think so. We will wait a few months and see if this corrects itself. In a few months from now we will see and decide from there...
I took a few videos of Michael tonight and put them together. The first part is Michael and I having a little 'screaming match'. He screams, and then I scream and that could go on for a while. When he is in the jumper, he likes to look at himself in the window :)
Then there is some interaction between Michael and Shiva. The rest is Michael playing with some toys and exploring new things like the rug and the tiles. We are trying to teach him the meaning of 'no', but we're not doing a great job, ha ha!!
My Montage 6/9/08



1 comment:
Wow it ahs been a while. Michael looks great. Our computer crashed a wile ago and I lost contact with some of my blog favorites. But I am back and up to date. Ps. I read your article in the preemies today. James was in the volume 6 issue 3 page 6 discussing the decision of his g-tube. Take care. Keep up the great work Mikey.Tracy
Post a Comment