Saturday, June 2, 2007

June 2, 2007








After I got to hold him for so long on Monday, I got to hold him again on Tuesday. Lucky me! I was changing his diaper when he had a 'poopie explosion' :) It was all over the isolette. Karen put him on the scale (see the picture) and cleaned him and the isolette up. Then she had to help Dr. Z and I was dressing Michael in the meantime (YES, he wears clothing now, woohoo!!). I didn't want to leave him on the scale so I picked him up. Dr. Z then allowed me to feed him (through the feeding tube). Good strategy Michael!! I was only allowed to hold him during isolette changes at that time. Michael actually had the same 'accident' the next day while I was at work. It was so bad that time, that they had to change his isolette.

As of Wednesday the Dr told us that we can hold Michael every day now. So exciting!! He is doing so good. I got to do Kangaroo Care for the first time (after 14 weeks, about time :) ). This is when you hold the baby skin to skin. Skin to skin contact has been has been found useful in promoting growth in low birth weight babies. I loved it and I think Michael did too (see the pictures) I really don't understand why we couldn't have started this earlier. I guess dr. Adams is not a fan for Kangaroo care, maybe he should read more into the positive reports on this subject.

Robert came in on Thursday night and got to hold Michael for the first time. Aren't they cute? Robert will be an amazing daddy!!!
Yesterday, Karen weighed him again and he was 4 pounds, 5 ounces. Wow, he grows so fast now, hope he doesn't get stretch marks :)
He is now getting 3 bottles a day of 40 cc each. I am so proud of our little froggy!!!
Oh, Hurricane season started, we already have a tropical storm hitting us. Can you believe that? There better not be a hurricane while Michael is still in the hospital....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Nathali, there are no words to espress my feelings. I love your website. He is a blessing in the sky. My prayers are with you and your family especailly baby Michael. Take care and see you soon.

Love, Iris

Lisa said...

My daughter was in the NICU and 4 weeks old when Katrina kit. It was a crazy time.