Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 4, 2008

Michael before the surgery:



Michael after the surgery:

So, Michael did really well with his eye surgery. In fact, it wasn't a big deal. We were there at 6.30 am and he was really tired. He slept by the time they took him in (8.30 am). The anesthesia bothered him more than anything else. He was screeming for about 30 minutes, when he came out and the nurse told us that all babies do that. They are scared because they feel funny and dizzy. After 30 minutes, he drank his milk and was already smiling again. He slept a long time and last night he was already playing and jumping. We need to put eye drops in 4 times a day, but that's it.

Here is a little video I just took:
As you can see in the video, it's as if nothing really happened...

I really think he is teething now. Everything goes into his mouth and he keeps chewing on his gums. I tried to feed him some strawberries this week, but he was gagging and choking. I don't think he is ready for that yet. We still give him the mashed food, but he is not a great spoon eater yet. But he seems to be growing, so I am not that worried :)

No comments: