Who was I fooling? It was just wishful thinking. His Glaucoma actually got worse again. The pressure is supposed to be in the mid teens and his numbers were close to 30. So we are going to try new eye drops this month and see if it helps the pressure.
Dr. Werner (who is awesome!!! He takes his time for you, he calls you back within a minute when he is being paged and he genuinely seems to care about his patients. I love him!!)
seems to think that his Glaucoma might be hereditary. I was positive that it was caused by the extended amount of time that he was on oxygen (3 months intubated, then 8 more months on O2), so it would be very interesting if that is not the cause.
We will go back in September and see what has to be done if the drops are not helping. It seems that his optical nerve was damaged from the pressure when we tested it in March, so I don't want to wait too long to figure out what to do...
After the procedure, Michael did great. He was a little bit sensitive to the light, but he didn't want to wear sun glasses or a hat (I got him to wear it for 5 minutes, see the picture below). His spirits were very upbeat. Even though in the picture he looks at me as if he is thinking: Mommy, please leave me alone :)
He is amazing!!!

Friday I took Michael to a pub to a good bye party to one of Roberts friends and colleague: Manjusha. She is going back to India and we are very sad to see her leave. Michael enjoyed the attention from all the ladies. He is such a flirt!!!
Sunday we had lunch with Rae and Jules and we met up with Diego, Veronica and Patrick. I just love how Patrick and Mikey play together. Michael hasn't really been social all summer and he was pretty jealous when Patrick was playing with his toys. It's time for Mikey to go back to daycare :)



No comments:
Post a Comment