Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11, 2009

I can't believe how fast time goes by!!! Yesterday was Michael's (and Nina and Noah's) Due Date Day!!! That means that they were supposed to be born on June 10, but instead were born in February and Nina and Noah in March!!! So Mikey is 'officially' two and to celebrate we took him out to dinner. He was such a brat in the restaurant, as if he knew that he now has officially entered the "Terrible Twos"!!

The first week of June we went to Orlando to visit our friend Claudia. She has just redone her pool and we spent almost the entire weekend in the water :)
It was such a nice and relaxing weekend. Thanks Cici!!!

Mikey was showing off his Speedos that my friend Bernardina from Holland gave him when he was born. He was finally able to wear them. Look at this picture, he is sooo funny!!!!
The Pincus' in the new pool in Orlando

Mikey with the new waterfall in the background. We should have put the water on :)


Daddy loves to swim and Mikey is just like his daddy.

Here he is showing off his Ralph Lauren swim trunk that Betty got him for his baby shower, 2 years ago

I love his little smirk :)

Doesn't he look buff in this picture?! He is so skinny!!!


Okay, Mommy, I don't like my hat this way!!! (at least he is finally wearing it)

This is better....

We visited Claudia's mom Lydia and her brother Ron. Mikey was very interested in the walker and Claudia was pushing him around the house.

Mikey, Teddy and Daddy

Lydia and Mikey I

Lydia and Mikey II


Ron and Mikey



On Monday June 1, we went to see Debra Beckman in Orlando. She is an oral motor specialist. She told us that Michael's mouth muscles are developed like an 8 month old baby and he definitely needs oral motor therapy. That is where you are trying to stimulate the muscles in the mouth by using a NUK brush and your hands to massage the insides of his cheeks, his gums and his pallet. I have to do this a few times a day. I don't like doing it, but if it helps him to talk and eat better, I don't have a choice...

Dr. Beckman said that his delay in speech is not related to his hearing loss, but mainly to the fact that he was so premature.


The next day we had a meeting with Early Steps and they are going to provide him with Oral Motor therapy at the Dan Marine Center where he already gets PT/OT and Feeding Therapy. We had our 6 month evaluation and Michael is pretty much on track for the goals that we had set. Since Early Steps only covers children up to three years old, I was given the forms to fill out for PRE-K!! As of three years old, the school system will take over the care for his developmental delay. I can't believe that Michael will be 3 in a few months!!! Unreal!!!

No comments: