Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 20, 2008

Hi everyone,

I got a lot of complaints from friends and family that they were having difficulties signing up for the private blog. We lost many readers who were important to us. We therefore decided to make the blog public again. We apologize for the inconvenience!!!

So, we have moved into our new home on Monday!!

The movers (Robert Williams) came early Monday morning and packed up the moving van in about 2 hours. They worked very fast!! On our way to Coral Springs we got stuck in a major traffic jam. They closed the entire Turnpike off, both ways. When we got to the new house, most of our items had to be carried upstairs (the main reason we hired movers!!) and the movers weren't very happy. In the meantime it was still pouring. The movers were done at 2.30PM. I would recommend them if anyone in Miami has to move.
After the movers left, the rain stopped and it become a relatively sunny day.
The storm (Fay) wasn't bad for us on Tuesday either. If I had not known that there was a storm, it could have been a regular Florida Summer day :) Just some rain and wind gusts every now and then. Monday afternoon I tried to unpack boxes and clean up the house a little more, but every time I left the room, Michael started crying. He must have noticed something was different.
So yesterday, I asked our nieces Jessie and Anna to babysit Michael again. That way I got some work done at home, and our nephew Josh helped me clean and empty boxes. Thank you all for your help!!!

Robert and I are exhausted, but it's done and now we can take our time to unpack everything...

1 comment:

Mommato4miracles said...

Glad things are going well at the new house, and that Faye hasn't given you much hassel. Hope the unpacking is going well, I can't imagine moving with a little one, although that is definitely in our future