
Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.comThis is the video of the first time that Michael ate peas today :)
Michael makes me so happy and he makes me so proud! He is just so amazing!!! He has this beautiful character and is happy ALL the time!! I honestly feel that we won the baby lottery!!!
He is now exploring things. He is finally starting to use his voice. It took a long time because of the fact he was intubated for so long, it had irritated his vocal cords. Now he is making the funkiest noises and even surprises himself. Sometimes he squeals and it makes his throat itch and he has to cough. He constantly makes me laugh with the funny noises and his facial expressions.
The other thing he found out is that he has hands and he can make them move!! He puts his hand in front of his face and moves his finger and he is absolutely amazed by this. He admires his hand as if it is a Rembrandt :) His eyes become huge when he looks at it. He really is in awe with his own hand.
I was just going to write that he is soooo close to turning around. He knows how to turn his legs and body, but then doesn't know what to do with his arms. The moment I wrote this and showed Robert, he DID it!!!! We are so proud of him!!!!! Now he'll have to do it again to prove it wasn't a coincidence :)
Friday we went to see the audiologist, dr. Fifer and Megan. They did another test on him, an ASSR test. They put electrodes on his head and in his ears and he had to be asleep for the test. I was holding him for about an hour and a half while I was trying to keep him asleep and they could do the test. Luckily he was very cooperative, otherwise it could have taken much longer!!! The first time they turned it on, it freaked Michael out!!! It really scared him, which was a good thing, because he heard it!!! He still has severe hearing loss in both ears, but there is one pitch in his right ear that has moderate loss. As I understand this is really good. This will enable him to learn speech and have a relative normal childhood (regular education etc.) So we were very happy with the results. The left hearing aid mold seems to be too small and they measured him for a new one. That should make our lives easier :)
Yesterday morning, I took him for a walk on Ocean Drive. The weather is sooo beautiful in Miami right now (in the high 70's). In the afternoon we went to the grandparents, to surprise them. That was fun!!



1 comment:
"MOM! There are so many yummy baby foods, why do I have to eat peas???" lol.
Peas aren't S&E's favorite either...but you need your green veggies kids!
He's doing great with eating. That's a BIG step for our preemies!
Post a Comment