Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 13, 2007


Make an on-line slideshow at www.OneTrueMedia.com

This is a video I took today of Michael 'talking' and looking at his hand. The moment I put the camera down, he talks more and looks more, but you do get an idea. I just think it is the cutest thing, but maybe that's because I am prejudiced :)

Yesterday, Michael had a tough day. We went to the pediatrician where he got another Synagis shot, a second flu shot and another shot for his immunizations. He will get more next time, but they can't do too many at one time with the Synagis shot. The doctor also wanted to do a new PKU test (which is part of the newborn screening) since she said that it didn't come back with good results when he was discharged from the NICU. So they needed to draw some blood, also to do a hemoglobin and iron test. Michael has the worse veins! We experienced this when he was admitted to the PICU a few months ago and it took them 2 hours to put an IV in him!!! Yesterday 2 different nurses and the doctor tried, but no one succeeded. They poked him at 4 different places. They only got a little blood and they were going to try and send it to the lab, see if it was enough. After this, they took more blood out of his heel. They did this almost on a daily basis when he was in the NICU, but yesterday he screamed so loud, I thought he was going to stop breathing!!! It took me 10 minutes to calm him down. Finally when he was calm they gave him the 3 injections and I had to start all over again. Poor baby!!!

He is also referred to an ENT, dr. Balkany and to a pedi-neurologist, just for another check-up, since he still has some tremblings. One thing is for sure, this pediatrician (Dr. Leitner, since Dr. Perello was on vacation) is very thorough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope things turn out well with that test. Uggh. Seeing them get shots or blood drawn doesn't ever get easier.