We knew that there were 4 children ahead of us. At 1.30pm we found out that there was a delay in the OR from the previous surgeon and our doctor was still not able to start on the first child. We calculated that Michael was not going to be seen until 4 or 5pm that day, almost 24 hours after the last time he ate. He kept begging for water, so we made the decision to not put him through that any longer and we went home. Luckily our doctor who only goes to Bascom Palmer once a month is making an exception for Michael at the end of the month!!! Dr. Werner really cares about his patients, I think that's great!!!
The night before he was supposed to have his surgery, Michael and our dog Shiva bumped into each other, or better: Shiva jumped over our gate that keeps Michael in the family room and jumped right on top of him. He fell face down on the floor and his right eyebrow swell up like a ping pong ball. Of course he didn't want any ice on it, as much as we tried. So now he has his first black eye!!! It looks like he is wearing make-up. I am not even sure if this might have affected the surgery the next day! I tried to take some pics with my cell phone, but he didn't really cooperate:


He also picked up a cold in the hospital, so I don't think he can get his second H1N1 shot this week. I hope he will feel better soon!!!Last night Robert and I went to Jennie's (Rob's colleague) Christmas party. Uncle David, Aunt Lesley, Josh, Anna, Mimi and Poppy all came over to babysit him!!! I think they all had a blast. Michael didn't go to bed until 11pm, he loved it!!! And Robert and I had a great time at the party!!!
A few weeks ago, we went with Diego, Veronica and Patrick to the Park nearby. Here are some pictures of Michael's first pony ride!!!! He has no fear, so he wasn't scared but I am also not sure if he enjoyed it. Patrick did it too. He is so cute!!! We love spending time with them!!

This week we received Michael's first progress report from pre-school. He is doing really well, considering his delays. He loves to socialize, but he is also picking up some bad habits. He is being a typical 2 year old, the teacher says. I think that means that he can be pretty naughty :)
A few weeks ago, we went with Diego, Veronica and Patrick to the Park nearby. Here are some pictures of Michael's first pony ride!!!! He has no fear, so he wasn't scared but I am also not sure if he enjoyed it. Patrick did it too. He is so cute!!! We love spending time with them!!
Last week his (NICU) friends Max and Noah who go to the same class come over to play. Mikey loves them so much, but he was really acting up. I think he was trying to show off or something. He got so hyper!!! He started throwing things (hitting them of course) and one time he jumped on top of Max. I couldn't believe it!!! I had never seen him like that before. I guess that is what the teacher was talking about :)



No comments:
Post a Comment