On Saturday morning we had a follow up with the dr and Michael received another Rocephin shot. During the day he perked up a little, but later at night (after Halloween) he had a low grade fever again. Since the pediatrician had told me that morning to take him to the hospital if he developed a fever, we called the on-call dr to ask if we were supposed to do that even though it was a low grade fever. He told us to give him Tylenol and see how his temperature was after that. He seemed to do better. He still had a rough night, waking up every 2 hours (which he has done almost all week!). We continued to give him his breathing treatments every 4 hours. They seem to help him temporarily.
This morning he was hot again and really struggling with his breathing, so again we went to the pediatrician (our 5th time this week!) The on-call dr gave him his 3rd Rocephin shot and decided to put him on Prednisone. Hopefully that will help him, he deserves a break!!! Of course we have to go back to the pediatrician tomorrow. We are doing everything we can to prevent him to be admitted to the hospital.
So even though he was sick, we figured that Saturday night he was good enough to celebrate Halloween. Michael and I dressed up :) We wanted to take him just around our street, but our neighbor Dirk basically kidnapped him, ha ha!! Robert and I were talking to Dirk's wife Michelle so Dirk was like: Okay Mikey, let's go Trick or Treating. They had a blast!! We are so lucky to have such great neighbors, but then again he is Dutch :)
Our other neighbors Carla and Peter invited us over for a Halloween party, but by the time Dirk came back with Michael he was not feeling to good anymore, so we never made it to the party.
I had a fun night anyway, I love dressing up :)
Mikey dressed up as Elmo
Elmo and Mommy the Vampire/Punker/Gothic. I don't know what I was, I just enjoyed being a brunette :) We had a fun Halloween, even though Mikey was sick. He is supposed to have his pre-op for his eye surgery on Tuesday. We'll see how that goes....



No comments:
Post a Comment