Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February 18, 2009

WOW, I can't believe it's been TWO years since Michael was born!!! Happy 2nd birthday Mikey!!! I am just so in awe with that little kid!! He has come such a long way in this short period of time.
When we go to therapy we see all the kids with CP, autism, walkers, down syndrome etc. and these kids work soooooo hard to do similar things to their peers: like walking. It is heart breaking to see, but it also inspires me. I have so much respect for these children and their parents. Every time we go to therapy I realize how lucky we have been with Michael. Things could have been so different!! In fact, Monday Feb 16, was the day that Noah passed away one year ago. That also still feels like yesterday and the pain that I feel for his family is indescribable. We lit a candle for Noah, even though we think about him every day of the year!!

On Sunday we threw Mikey a kids birthday party. It was so much fun!!! Of course the theme was Elmo and he loved it!!! We had an Elmo bouncy house in the backyard and all the tables were set with Elmo plates, napkins etc. We invited Mikey's friends and we had about 15 kids playing in the house and outside. We had the music teacher from school come to the house and she sang and played music with some of the kids for about half an hour. Later that afternoon Nina and her parents came over and luckily they had not picked up the bouncy house yet, so they had some time in it together. It was such an awesome day!!! Needless to say, Mikey got lots and lots of gifts :) He was a little overwhelmed on Sunday.

Our friend Claudia came down from Orlando to help us with the party and get her 'Mikey' time :)
She was a great help and we always have so much fun with her. Unfortunately Michael was sick most of the week last week. I went to the pediatrician 3 times to make sure his lungs were okay. He had a post nasal drip and he sounded awful!! The second time I went to the Pediatrician he found that Michael had a starting ear infection, so he was put on antibiotics and he couldn't go to school all week last week. And then of course he gave the cold to me, so we were both out for a few days. Luckily we both feel better now.
I actually took Michael to a new Pediatrician on Friday. Our new primary pediatrician is probably a wonderful doctor but I don't feel comfortable with him. So we are making a switch as we speak. Hopefully the new doctor will work out good for us.

Michael has been doing really well with his eating. He had his first grilled cheese sandwich at Mimi and Poppy's house last week and since he did so well with that, we order it now from the kids menu at restaurants. The drinking was still a problem. Even at school he didn't drink anything for the teachers. But of course, today Michael turned two and he is a big boy now. So Robert, Michael and I went out for dinner tonight for his birthday and all of a sudden Michael started drinking water out of a kids meal cup with a big straw. He was soaking wet, but he didn't want to put the cup down. We were so proud of him!!!!
He still has some difficulties with the french fries and at the end of the meal he gagged and vomited. For some reason, he always aims for me. Both Mikey and I were basically covered and we had to clean ourselves up. Robert thought it was the funniest thing, because he never gets 'hit' :)

I will upload the pictures of the kids party soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- We had a blast at Mikey's party-Sasha is still talking about it! That's awesome about the cup drinking(kids always aim for the mom I think!) He is such a big boy-Max and Noah's "older" friend!;-)

Mommato4miracles said...

Happy birthday little man! Hope you all feel better soon, and that you find a pediatrician that you LOVE! it is so important.