Monday, December 15, 2008

December 15, 2008

Thanks for all the tips I got on my previous post!! I really appreciate it!!

I have neglected the blog for a while, we have been busy.
2 Weeks ago we had a parent meeting that was organized by the Broward School System for parents of children with hearing and vision loss. It was very interesting and the teachers were babysitting the children, while the parents were able to meet. Very nice.

Then last week we met with 6 ladies of the Broward School System in our home. Michael loved the attention. Needless to say: he is a ladies man :), just like his two grand daddies :)
This week we will start our services of getting a teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing come to our house once a week. I am very excited about this!!

Also last week we went to Miami Beach for the annual NICU party. It was very nice to see the NICU staff again, especially the nurses. And we met up with Nina and with Max and Noah. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera, so no pictures.

Last weekend, Aunt Lesley and Uncle David babysat Michael on Saturday morning. They went to the park and had a lot of fun. Michael was exhausted when he came home :) We should send him there every weekend :)
Sunday afternoon we met up with our friend Bob from Colorado and Diego, Veronica and Patrick came over as well and we had a nice lunch. That night, we were babysitting Patrick, because Diego and Veronica had to go to a party. Patrick was as sweet as can be!! And Michael and Patrick had such a good time. It's really good for them to interact. Although you can tell that Michael doesn't spend much time with other children. He thinks that being 'nice' is slapping with his hand (like he does with the dog). We are trying to teach him that 'nice' is not 'slapping'.

I am also trying to teach him 'no', but he thinks that 'no' is the funniest thing ever!! Every night he wants to stand up in the bath tub and I tell him no. I explain to him that he can fall and hurt him self. That seems even funnier to him. So after the third 'no', I take him out and put him in his crib. Of course he is laughing in my face. The first few nights, he would just take everything that was in his crib and throw it around the room and laugh at me. Tonight, he found a new game. He pulls the sheets off of his mattress. Then when I am trying to tug them back in, he pulls them back out. And he is laughing like a mad man. It's very hard for me not to laugh, but I try to be firm with him and keep telling him 'no'. Or ignore it, so it is not as funny to him.
He sure keeps me busy :)

This Friday afternoon we went to see Kathy for Auditory Verbal Therapy. She made a rice crispy treat in the shape of a Menorah with Michael. They had so much fun!! Michael was eating all the rice crispy's, the marshmallow and he was licking the spatula. He never had this much sugar in his life!!! She gave him his Hanukkah present: the little people Ark of Noah. So cute!! We loved it. Thank you Kathy!!!

Yesterday our niece Jessie came over to visit us after she volunteered with the Salvation Army. I am so proud of her!! She is 18. It was nice to see her, especially since she had not seen our new home yet.

Today I took him to the park and he loves it so much!!! He was entertaining the middle school students that were hanging out there. Today he seemed more interested in what they were doing than in the swing :)
Here is the video.
View this montage created at One True Media
Michael in the Park 12/15/08



He is eating so much better since the last 3 weeks. Tonight he was eating his cheerios.
Gravity is also very interesting to him these days. He loves to throw things on the floor :)
I just love that he is eating so good. We have to weigh him one of these days.
Here is the video of tonight:

View this montage created at One True Media
Michael eating cheerios 12/15/08


He is just so cute :)

3 comments:

Big Ali said...

Nathali, He is getting so big. He is looking very tall. I am so excited about him walking and eating better. I hope you all have Happy Holidays. But don't worry we are dealing with the dropping also and I know you are just showing me the things that are comming soon.
Mama Ali

Mommato4miracles said...

He looks so grown and so handsome. Goodness, you sure are busy. Hope you are enjoying this wonderful Christmas season

Mommato4miracles said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and that 2009 leaves you all healthy and happy, and Mikey continueing to thrive